Followers

Tuesday 30 March 2010

LOVELY DAYS IN SCOTLAND

It is time to pack up and go back to Malawi. We are very grateful indeed to the St Matthews Community for their love for us.
Just to list a few things that we shall not forget in our lives:
1. The 12 of us flew together from Malawi to Scotland. The experinces in the flight, the love we had for each other, the smiles etc deminished the gap that exist amongst us at home. We hope this way of living shall continue. Our trip has united us more than ever. We thank God for this.

2. Upon landing in Glasgow, we were welcomed with a lot of smiles and we experienced a lot of love. We forgot that we were away from home. Scotland is the warm Herat of Europe just as we are the warm Heart of Africa.
3 The visitations around school brought a lot of amazement in me. I could not believe my eyes at first. The varrying sizes of students in the dining hall. The nu,erous students etc. I toook as many pictures as possible to remeber this.
4 The different places we heard about in history and Geography while in Malwi: Blantyre, Scotland, Edinburgh et were not historical any more. We actually set our feet there. We were privileged to visit the parliament, huge and magnificent indeed. I have not been in the malwi Hous of Parliament. This one is so memorable for me because it is the first one. we followed a very heated debate whereby the First Minister was clarifying some issues on some hard questions. It was a great honor for me to be present in the house on that day.
5. I also visited Glasgow Centre. I can not just explain how splendid the buildings are. they are built on stone, great work of art and a lot of engineering work. It was lovely indeed. I also had a chance to visit the famous Celtic Club ground. I also saw the seat of Rod Stewart, so lovely indeed.

In short, we enrished our eyes wiith so many things difficulkt to explai.
If I had the power to appeal to the Malawi Government, I would ask the president to put a lot of preference in Education for the young Malawians. The facilities that are here inScotland in schools can also be made available to Malawians. It just needs a serious mind to consider the good of all Malawians.

In Tumbuka we say, " Kusambira kukumala yayi" meaning education will also be there to help us. We have just learnt alot.
God bless our partneship between Scotland and malawi. We are really blessed to be here.

Fr Andrew Aubrey Chunda

No comments:

Post a Comment