Followers

Tuesday 21 July 2009

Carolines Malawi Experience :)

Monire Mose!!

Sorry I haven't written this sooner but my internet was broken.

Even now ,nearly 3 weeks after arriving home from Malawi, I still can't believe that we have been and gone .
Looking back on photos im like, Did that really happen!?

At the beginning of the week, I think most of the group were wondering what we had got our selves into and curious to see what the group dynamic would be. Fortunately we all fell in love with malawi, most of us wondering how we can get back, and thankfully the group gelled well.
(Some more than others, *cough* monica in jens bed *cough*) haha

Malawi has seriously been the best experience of my life and probably the most life changing event i will ever have. So i have to thank all the teacher that went especially Mrs Mcfadden! Who was my allocated teacher, this was good right up until she mocked me for not being able to swim in the lake!

I think the biggest surprise about Malawi was the fact that the people were so friendly! Every where you went people would greet you and we were completely accepted into the St peters community. I don't think i've shaken so many hands in my life! Malawi truely lives up to its reputation as the warm heart of africa.

Eventually getting up for church at six was easy and eating nothing but rice was normal. Now i feel guilty if i sleep in until 10.
I would just like to thank every one involved i have made so many new friends and it has been such a humbling experience!

Caroline xx

No comments:

Post a Comment