Followers

Wednesday 8 July 2009

Wed 8 July

Monire Mose,

I must admit that I found yesterday quite tough as it was my first full day in Mzuzu without the rest of the group. I was tired, extremely cold and pretty homesick. I'm much better today - but still tired and cold! The torrential rain woke me up at 5am this morning so I didn't need my 6am alarm call in the form of the church bells. Mass this morning was offered for Robert Johnston's dad whose funeral was today. It was really nice that they made a special effort especially when it is for someone they didn't know. Fr. Banda was due to say the Mass but last night he asked if I would mind if Fr. Martin said it as he needed the Mass offering more, so they concelebrated together. It is lovely how they help each other out.

My social diary is filling up nicely. It sounds ridiculous but I'm now using an appointment system to try and fit everyone in as I've had numerous invites over the past 24 hours. Of course as soon as Irene heard I was booking people in she put herself down for 4 evenings!

I have to rush as MR has booked an appointment to visit at 4pm, which will probably lead to another dinner invitation! Obviously I'll expect the same celebrity status back at St. Matthew's!!

Pawemi,
Bernadette
p.s. The fridge has now been filled with beer!

3 comments:

  1. hey Miss!

    can i book u in for wednesday please of next week!lol

    Hope you are getting on well!

    .....and from all of the kids back home - we wish you the best of luck for your travels.

    Tell Fr Chunda - i miss him already!

    Michael N xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi miss, hope you feel better!!

    i haven't been able to put up my blog yet as my mum put the instructions through the wash, so directions from anyone would be appreciated.

    good luck on choosing the students who will be comming to scotland.

    just know that we are all still thinking of you back here.

    all the best, Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please give my regards and love to all, now that my emulsion is beginning to settle.
    Make the most of your next few weeks - they'll fly in, and you too will soon be back in the 'Green-free' land of housework, cooking, gardening and car-washing.
    Have finally managed to sort my photos, and I continue to 'bore' everyone that I meet. New victim coming up this afternoon!
    Gifts have gone down well - Chombe fast becoming the new drink of Troon.
    Hope all continues to go well for you - we'll all be checking into the blog now and again to check on your progress.

    Tiwonanenge sonosono.

    Celia

    ReplyDelete