Followers

Monday 6 July 2009

Michael (Corky) Northcote Shares His Experience!

Obviously i cant share everything with you because you would be here for days but i will give you a brief summary of my travels.

I feel so privelleged to have been picked to travel to Malawi with 5 students and 8 other teachers. (Although my good friend Mrs Shiell's never managed to accompany us, i felt that she was with us and supporting us throughout our journey) The total travel time was roughly an excrutiating 25-35 hours and all of the travellers began to bond extremely well.

My aim for this trip was to make and strengthen new friendships with different people and to become more interactive. I feel as if i have accomplished my goal to the highest ability and this will cause me to never forget my life changing experience.

I must admit that the food we were given was extremely well prepared and kept us going throughout the week - even though i was tricked into believing (by Ms Mcfadden) that chicken and rice was our staple diet.

I have several videos and photos which i would like to share with all blog members - so "if you fancy a gay gordans bishop" email me on the following - mick15north@hotmail.com.

Both St. Peter's Primary/Secondary school were packed to the nearest brim of students enticed to learn for a future career in medicine, law, e.t.c
I have to mention two teenagers who i got attached to when i travelled to Malawi:

Hastings-who looked after me in our fourth form class
Pilirani-who was extremely welcoming

i will never forget them and hopefully, destiny will bring us back together.
i will keep in touch with them.

I MUST ADMIT THAT FR CHUNDA WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY TRIP! He was always so happy and we had good laughs together. I have to see him again - one day.

Finally, I would like to say thankyou to Ms Mcfadden/Mr Allan for organising the trip and having the upmost trust in us. I find it really satisfying that they know how life changing this event has been for me and I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH MALAWI. I must go back lol.

cheers!
For all the good times!
have a green on me!

Michael Northcote xxx

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait till the movie comes out, speaking of which, is your bro ready with the last one yet?
    Who should we get to play you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a few thoughts to share.....sooo! glad that mike's home safe from his adventure. Having had such a wonderful experience ,if not potentialy life changing, he's settling back in quite well.We'd just like to take this opportunity to say a huge THANKYOU for choosing Michael N. to participate in this trip but also to thank you all, staff and pupils alike, for taking such good care of him as well. Hope the rest of your travels go as well. Take care and God bless.Christine and Colin Northcote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael

    If I had had to write your blog entry it would have been just the way you did it - your enthusiasm, willingness to get involved and enjoyment of the whole experience shone through from the outset.

    My pals (yes - I do have some) particularly enjoyed hearing about your piping exploits.

    Take care and see you after the summer.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete