Followers

Sunday 5 July 2009

Sunday 5 July

Monire mose,

This is your new blogmaster reporting for duty due to the previous one leaving the country. So, now for the real story about what happened last week ...only joking!

Today we had our first lie in of the trip - 7:45am!! I know it sounds ridiculous to think that 7:45am could possibly be considered a lie in on a Sunday. Fr. Chunda said a lovely Mass at 8:30am where he prayed for a good journey home for the travellers and also for Michael N who had his 17th birthday today. After Mass we had a fry up then birthday cake before heading off to the airport where Eric , Celia and the kids set off for home.

It was strange this afternnoon walking around Lilongwe without our big group in tow. It has been a truly fantastic week and I couldn't have asked for a better group of staff and pupils to share this experience with. There has been much laughter and tears (thanks to Celia!). It was great for me to see everyone falling in love with Malawi and its people just as I did 7 years ago.

Well I'm off to an Italian restuarant now with the remainder of the group before we go our separate ways tomorrow. Ally and Frances head home, Paul and Anne go off on safari and I will return to Mzuzu to continue working on the partnership for a couple of weeks.

I will try to blog most days to keep you all up to date but I can't promise to be as good as Eric!

Pawemi,
Bernadette

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bernadette,
    Thought I'd check in as usual to say thanks in advance for helping Maggie Frame out when she comes. I hope that all goes well with that meeting and the rest of your stay. Enjoy and we will follow your progress.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good start to your blogging career, Bernie. Good luck over the next few weeks. Glad to hear you are moving in to my old accommodation.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, new blogmeister, finally managed to log in. Look forward to hearing of your adventures this summer. So wish that I was stillthere to share some of it.

    Celia

    ReplyDelete